Friday, October 21, 2011

In Memoriam

Two-year-old Wang Yue, who was critically wounded in a hit-and-run in Foshan, China last week, died today at 12:32 am from her injuries. Over a dozen people passed by her after the accident and did not render any assistance as she lay mortally wounded in the middle of the street for 10 minutes.

Wang Yue moments before she was hit

Through a Glass, Darkly offers this Hinayana Buddhist prayer in her remembrance:

This body is not me.
I am not caught in this body.
I am life without limit.
I have never been born and I never die.

Look at the ocean and the sky filled with stars,
manifestations from my wondrous true mind.

Since beginningless time, I have always been free.
Birth and death are only doors through which we pass,
sacred thresholds on our journey.
Birth and death are a game of hide-and-seek.

So laugh with me,
hold my hand,
let us say good-bye,
say good-bye to meet again.

We meet today,
we will meet tomorrow,
we meet at the source in every moment,
we meet each other in all forms of life.




No comments: