Saturday, October 13, 2012

"My mule don't like people laughin'"


Caballero:  Listen, stranger, did you get the idea?  We don't like to see bad boys like you in town.  Go get your mule.  You let him get away from you?


Manco:  Well, see, that's what I wanna talk to you about.  He's feelin' real bad.


Caballero:  Huh?

Manco:  My mule.  You see, he got all riled up when you went a fired those shots at his feet.

Caballero:  Hey, you makin' some kinda joke?

Manco:  No, see, I understand you men were just playin' around.  But the mule, he just doesn't get it.  'Course if you were to all apologize...

[The caballeros laugh]

Manco:  I don't think it's nice, you laughin'.  See my mule don't like people laughin'.  Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him.  Now, if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.


- A Fistful of Dollars

No comments: